Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Cleaning



I began my spring cleaning on the first day of spring. Spring cleaning takes longer for some people than others. Mine takes longer than it needs to because I have a 3 year old "helping". These are the days when I am thankful I have chosen a moderately minimalist life.

My spring cleaning list is pretty ordinary. Washing trash cans, as you can see. Washing cabinet fronts. Vacuuming behind furniture. Washing baseboards. Cleaning the oven. Washing the windows.

This list of tasks would take some people weeks. These tasks are so much simpler with fewer things. Yesterday I pulled everything off my bookcase to vacuum behind it. Removing everything didn't take long. The entire task of removing everything, moving the bookcase, vacuuming and putting it all back took less than 15 minutes. I was also glad at that moment that I only has as many bookcases as I need.

This is one reason I enjoy my moderately minimalist life. Over the course of time, I hope to share with you many reasons I love my moderately minimalist life.

No comments:

Post a Comment