Saturday, March 28, 2015

Weekend Happenings



What is the moderately minimalist family doing this weekend? I will give you a hint. We are from Indiana. I will give you another hint. People from Indiana love two things, corn and basketball. Still need another hint? The NCAA is on. For those of you that don't know, that is the college basketball tournament. My bracket blew up when Villanova lost, when Iowa lost, and when Notre Dame won. But I love watching anyway.

Before we watch the games, we have a little business to take care of. I keep brown grocery bags in a corner of my bedroom. As I see things that have outlived their usefulness, (we don't need them or love them anymore) I toss them in the brown bags. There are now three brown bags. This is a result of a recent consignment sale where all of my stuff did not sell. It is also a result of a certain 3 year old having a birthday soon. I know some friends and family will buy him things. I have chosen some stuff that he no longer plays with to prepare for the new things he may get for his birthday. I will tell you more about what birthdays are like around here in a few days as his birthday party is in just 4 days. Back to the brown bags, it is time for them to go to the donation center. We have a donation center only 10 minutes from our home. We will drop off the bags before the basketball begins.

We live in the south. The weather has been beautiful here. We will also spend sometime at the park across the street. Tomorrow we have been invited to a picnic at a friend's house.

I hope you enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment