Saturday, May 2, 2015

Maintaining a Minimalist Wardrobe

Hello!


Goodbye!


The key element to maintaining the minimalist wardrobe is to choose something to take out of the wardrobe each time you bring something in to the wardrobe. Purging massive amounts of clothing, or anything else for that matter, is not fun. Since I have already done that once in my life, I want to maintain so as to not put myself through it again. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I purchased three new dresses for my wardrobe last weekend. Therefore, this weekend three dresses need to come out.

There are reasons I chose to get rid of the three dresses I chose. The blue dress was my husband's favorite. However, it now has a split in the seam. The type of material the dress is made from makes it unrealistic to expect that dress to be repaired and stay repaired. The black and gold dress was a Mother's Day gift from my husband one month after giving birth to my four year old. That dress was great for breast feeding. It also hid my "just had a baby" shape. My body isn't in that shape any longer. So not it just looks like a moo moo. The third dress, the tan dress, is the hardest for me to let go of. That dress made me look amazing! Looked, as in, past tense. I looked amazing in it 11 years ago before I had any children. Right now, I can barely zip it. Time to let it go, in order to make space for dresses that make me look amazing today.

I own four other dresses. One dress is for winter. It is long sleeved and made of warm material. The second dress is denim and very versatile. I can wear that dress in the winter with boots, or in the summer with flip flops. The third dress is my "little black dress" that mostly gets worn on dates. Then I have one last dress that I would like to have turned into a shirt. I will probably post more about this dress in the future when I find the right person to turn it into a shirt.

Six dresses sounds like a lot. But I wear at least one, sometimes two dresses each week. I have 33 pieces in my summer wardrobe and 33 pieces in my winter wardrobe. So these 6 dresses are less than 10%. I will be blogging more about my summer capsule wardrobe, as I iron out the details. I wanted to share about my dresses, as they are decided upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment