Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tsum Tsum


Tsum Tsum. Ever heard of it? I was walking down the aisle in Target and my 4 year old stopped to look at something. It was plush, but I didn't immediately recognize it. It looked a little like a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal that someone had driven over with their car. It was flat and the face was on one end. I walked over and picked it up. The sign said tsum tsum. Yes, the ugliest Mickey Mouse I have ever seen. Why would they make it so squished and ugly?

I came home and googled tsum tsum. I may or may not have rolled my eyes as I read about it. They are supposed to be the next popular thing. They are flat like that so as to be stackable. Of course. Why didn't I think of that? Probably because my children each only have 2 loveys each. The 10 year old has a hippo and a bear that don't receive much love anymore. The 4 year old has a Buzz and a Woody. It would never occur to me to stack them. I would guess you would need at least three in order to stack them well, like a pyramid. The creator of tsum tsums is genius. By sheer nature of the product, for it to be cool, you need several. Most kids have multiple loveys. Now you are going to add at least 3 more? For what purpose? I have no clue. But I have no doubt that the inventor has already made millions. But they won't be making a penny off of the moderately minimalist family. My kids already have two loveys each. And two is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment