Friday, April 17, 2015

Weekend Happenings


What is the moderately minimalist family doing this weekend?

Saturday morning our local farmer's market opens for the first time this season. I have never been to a farmer's market. Not as an adult, anyway. I am excited about going somewhere to buy food that doesn't sell toys. I grocery shop at Aldi. They only have 4 aisles. It is a super small grocery store. Yet they still have about 12 feet of toys. I imagine it will be fun to go and look at all the different produce without my children getting distracted by the stuffed animals and action figures. I plan to give them each 5 dollars to pick something out. We will be supporting local farmers, getting higher quality produce and a fun morning activity, all in one trip.

Saturday afternoon we will go to my son's best friend's baseball game. I usually play hide and seek on the play equipment next to the bleachers with my 4 year old. The 10 year old will sit eating homemade trail mix and cheer his heart out. He is super competitive. It is very important to him that his friend wins. I hope the rain holds off until late that afternoon.

Sunday I would love to go to the park. The weather forecast has other ideas. It has been raining for five days now. It is supposed to rain late tomorrow. Rain again Sunday. Rain again Monday. We NEED to get outside. So we will be sneaking out into whatever bits of sunshine we can find. My kids are miserable stuck inside. There is something about being able to run free outside that brings peace and stillness to their hearts.

There is the plan. The only money being spent is on experiences, not things. Memories last, things break down and are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment