Sunday, June 21, 2015

Celebrating Dad


Being true to our moderately minimalist philosophy, we celebrated Father's Day with experiences. Saturday night, our 10 year old took his dad out for Chinese food. I don't like ginger. It is very hard for someone who doesn't like ginger to eat Chinese food. My husband is forever complaining that he doesn't get enough Chinese food in his life. My ten year old likes all the food. All food, everywhere. And at the moment, he likes all food, everywhere, and lots of it. He must be growing. So it was the perfect match. They ate their Chinese food while the 4 year old and I stayed home and made ice cream cake. Yum! Then after church today, the kids gave him their homemade cards and I made steak fajitas. He felt appreciated. There is nothing to wash or organize or put away as the result. That makes everyone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment