Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Perfect Hostess Gift


I attended a dinner party tonight. My friend, Katie, renovated her kitchen. She had several friends over to enjoy her new kitchen. The old me would have stressed over a gift. I probably would have spent my day searching for neutral looking pot holders or kitchen towels, a candle. I would have wanted to spend enough money for it to look nice, but not so much money that it seems over the top. Not this time.

Being moderately minimalist now, I simply asked her. "Is there a wine or coffee that you enjoy?" She said, "I enjoy red wine." That was so much easier! If wines intimidate you, use Google. Google is a wonderful tool for situations like this. I typed in "best cheap wines". I found 2 entries for wines under 20 bucks. Ravenswood was on both lists. I drove to the store and bought a bottle. I was able to enjoy the rest of my day, without stressing over the gift. Katie can enjoy the wine. She doesn't have to pretend to like some towels or a candle. The gift is consumable. It will be gone in a week. We are both happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment