Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Time Well Spent


Since minimizing, I have extra time. Time not spent putting stuff away, cleaning stuff, organizing stuff. Sadly, I don't always use that time in a beneficial way. I might watch a movie. I might browse social media. Some down time is beneficial, but often not as much as I abuse.

Today, I used my extra time well. A year ago, I lost 20 lbs. Sadly, I have gained 12 of those lbs. back. Today I used my extra time to exercise and fix fresh food. This morning I took the boys to the park and exercised while they tossed a football back and forth. This afternoon I chopped pineapples, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, etc. I put them all in containers to grab when I am feeling hungry. I made a meal from scratch that was tasty and healthy. Trying to become healthy again would be so overwhelming if it were not for the extra time I enjoy. Instead of overwhelmed tonight, I feel energetic and pleased that I have corrected course without a total upheaval to my home. I do benefit from being able to make changes without the difficulty of stuff distracting us from our efforts. And even more, I think my husband children benefit. Our home feels like a place of comfort and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment